Thursday, November 19, 2009

Marutama Ramen

#03-90/91 The Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, tel 6534 8090


Entrance Signage (Above) - This isn't photos from my first trip here so this won't be about first impressions. However, I'm glad to write that my impression of the food here hasn't changed much since my first impression. In short, I think the ramen here is GREAT! In fact, it's the best ramen shop in Singapore (in my opinion). If you think there's a better or nicer ramen shop, TELL ME!


Main interior seating area (Above) - This restaurant is fully air-conditioned (duh, its in an air con mall), and has no al fresco seats. Generally there are 3 seating sections. The first (not pictured) would be the "bar counter" style seats around the kitchen at the background of the photo above. The 2nd would be this main seating area as you can see.


Back seating area (Above) - The 3rd seating section is pictured above, in a set up that I feel is the most comfortable. You can also see the provided free flow of cold water, tissue, chopsticks, etc.


(Above) Non spicy ramen with added char siew (pork) and tamago (egg)! My favourite dish at this restaurant. The soup base is absolutely delicious and the saltiness is just right, althought maybe just slightly oily, but the free flow of water helps to alleviate that problem. The char siew and the egg are both soft and extremely easy to chew. All this comes with the springy noodles and the added vegetables. The chefs/cooks are supposedly Japanese. I've no idea whether the bowl includes monosodium glutamante, but i hope not =\ perhaps I should ask next time.


The finished bowl! Yes I finished every strand of noodle! In fact, if you finish your noodles too fast and have a lot of soup left, you can order a noodle refill where they will add more noodles to your soup! (: Oh and by the way, the spicy and the non-spicy soup looks almost identical to me so be careful not to mix them up with your friends. The menu can be hard to order from the first time, so make sure you clarify with the service staff first (: lols. They have another outlet at liang court if i'm not wrong but I don't know about there cause I've never tried that outlet (:

1 comment:

  1. the pictures of the food are reaaally making me famish! =\

    ReplyDelete