Thursday, November 19, 2009

Zento Singapore

Blk 18b Dempsey Road, tel 64740378
http://www.zento.com.sg

Right, this will be a summary review, simply because I cannot remember every single dish and item separately, so I will only write based on the overall experience. I will let the dishes speak for themselves in their individual photos xD enjoy the shots!




Ice Water (above)


Scallop (above)






Calamari Rings (above)




Sushi (above)









Green Tea Crème Brûlée (above)



Okay that's all the shots I've got. This was a dinner, albeit eaten at 10:45pm. We ordered two different "Dinner Sets". The first one was $58++, The second one was $98++. Both dinner sets were supposed to come with the same dessert (supposedly a chocolate based cake whose name I forgot) but we requested for one to be changed. The service staff agreed to it but also told us that we would be charged an additional $8++ for the "Upgrade" as the other dessert (green tea crème brûlée) is not meant to be served on that day. So the total bill came up to be: $58 + $98 + $8 + SVC CHRG $16.40 + GST $12.63 + ROUND $0.02 = S$193.05 which was expected, considering the base price of 58 and 98.

However, I did not think the food was worth that much. The green tea crème brûlée was so-so. I'd have very much preferred a regular crème brûlée, and for $8++, there was nothing fantastic to rave about. The chocolate cake was average too. But then again, this isn't a dessert cafe so we'll move on to the main dishes. I suppose you probably have to be a connoisseur of fusion food to appreciate the dishes. I didn't even know what were some of the dishes I was eating. The common food items were, well, common in my opinion. That would include items like the calamari rings and the scallop. The only most outstanding dish I can remember is the sushi, which wasn't your regular mix like california roll. Both plates of sushi were delicious (: The main courses were, well, forgettable! I don't even remember what they taste like. The general impression I had over all the food (except the sushi) was.... SALTY. Perhaps it was just a bad day.

Food aside, the service was very attentive, although slightly bordering on intrusive. Kinda hard to get privacy with service staff looking at your table constantly to see if you need anything. Perhaps it was because we went there at 10.30pm and there were only two other tables occupied, so I can't comment on service during the actual dinner time.

On a side note, I think the practice of rounding up the extra $0.02 is, well, unscrupulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment